Full Devotion – FBC Canton: Plan to Return to Church
It has been difficult for us these past few months learning to navigate a new normal. Our hearts go out to those who have experienced health problems, isolation, loss of income, sickness, and many other frustrations. We recognize not being able to come to church to worship together has been one of the biggest disappointments of all. We have good news. It is all about to change!
We want to express our thanks for your patience as we intentionally took a “Wait and See Approach.” We absolutely did not want to cause any irrevocable harm. We believed there was no hurry to rush back to worship as the online platform was providing a worship time for our church and for many new people who have joined us via the internet. Ministry has continued to take place. Your church leaders have taken seriously their role in praying for discernment and leading us forward under the guidance of our Heavenly Father.
Beginning July 1st, the church will be open for use and starting with Sunday, July 5th we will resume our in-person worship in the sanctuary. Online worship will continue alongside our in-person worship. As we follow the law and obey recommendations set by our local, state, and national health officials, there will be some changes, and these are the guidelines we have in place:
- We have prepared the building for your arrival by regular cleaning and sanitization.
- There will be one combined worship service at 11:00AM. This will be a blended worship experience.
- Exterior door at the carport will open 15 minutes prior to service.
- Doors will be propped open for touchless entry.
- We encourage you to wear masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Enter the back of the Sanctuary and exit through the side doors using office door to parking lot.
- The Sanctuary will be seated to half capacity. You will be seated front to back like a wedding
- Many pews will be marked NO USE to facilitate social distancing.
- Overflow areas will be available in narthex and the gathering space if needed.
- Maintain proper distancing: No hugs, handshakes, fist bumps or high fives yet.
- No Coffee or fellowship time.
- We encourage families to sit together.
- No children’s ministry classes for the month of July/August. Children can sit with you during worship and we will provide an activity bag for your child. You are responsible to bring the bag back each week.
- No congregational singing as we begin.
- Offering will be collected in the rear of the Sanctuary in our Giving Box. Electronic giving will continue.
- Communion will be in pre-packaged cups.
- No Bulletins, No Hymnals, No Bibles Will be provided.
- We urge you to congregate and fellowship outside of the building
- Consider attending online if you are ill, have a compromised immune system, or you feel uncertain.
Finally, keep in mind that while this plan is a guide for us, it also has some fluidity. This entire season has been marked by unpredictability. Thus, our plans could change as the situation continues to unfold.
We are still believing the best days are ahead for the church! Pastor Kevin and The Vision Board